Can't deactivate JIRA User

Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

I don't see a "deactivate" link for users in JIRA 6.3.15 nor in 6.4.12.

The shown operations in the UserBrowser are: Groups Project Roles Edit Delete

The operation is missing for all users and it doesn't matter if the user is in groups or not.

The directories are all Read-Write.

Do I have to enable the "Deactivate" feature somehow?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

I think you need to click "Edit" and then you'll see a checkbox "Active" which controls the active/inactive state of the user.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2016
Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2016

Nope, only Full Name and Email appear in the Edit Dialog.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2016

What user directory are you currently using ?

Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2016

We're using Apache DS (LDAP). Deactivating works fine in Confluence, though.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2016

I see from the docs that this feature is not available for certain external user directory connectors such as LDAP. Check this KB https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unable-to-deactivate-users-using-deactivate-feature-in-jira-295309946.html and see if this is your case.

Nabil Sayegh
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2016

Atlassian at it's best. It's working in Confluence with the same directory...

Ok, then apparently we have to remove the users from the login group(s). Thank you.

Suggest an answer