Can't create/find jira.home, application.properties or config.bat file

jbzowyCW October 3, 2018

Hello,

I'am trying to update jira core from 7.11.1 to 7.12.2 by installator but there's no jira.home, application.properties or config.bat at directory where jira is installed. Can you tell me how to create/find those files ? The server is installed on Windows.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Prakhar Srivastav {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2018

@jbzowyCW

If at the time of installation you have not customized the path the it should be :

• C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA (on Windows) or
  • /var/atlassian/application-data/jira (on Linux)

Use this article for help :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/jira-application-home-directory-861253888.html

jbzowyCW October 3, 2018

There's only dbconfig.xml with db connection details and i can't do update using this directory.

Prakhar Srivastav {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2018

Along with dbconfig.xml there should be jira home folder.

In the installation directory you have jira properties file where you can see the exact location of these files.

If they are not present to the specified path then I something must went bad during upgrade. I hope you have taken the backup.

Regrads

Prakhar

jbzowyCW October 3, 2018

Unfortunately there's no jira home folder and in backup from version 7.1.7 I can't see those files too.  Now version is 7.11.1. Somehow it was updated without those files.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2018

Jira cannot work at all without a "jira home", so if the old version is running ok, there is one somewhere.  Try the "system information" page in admin, that will tell you where it is installed and what you chose for jira home.

0 votes
Irfan Mazli Mazuki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2018

Hello @jbzowyCW,

As Prakhar and Nic have mentioned, if the JIRA instance is working, that would mean <JIRA_HOME> directory is present. If you are able to locate the dbconfig.xml file, that directory is the <JIRA_HOME> directory. Alternatively, you can check the Administration > System > System Info page or use the JIRA Application Configuration tool to check the <JIRA_HOME> directory of the JIRA instance.

The config.bat file will be located in the <JIRA_INSTALL> directory. This is the file that will be used to run the JIRA Application Configuration tool (as mentioned earlier). The jira-application.properties file is located in <JIRA_INSTALL>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes directory.

For more information on the JIRA directories, you may refer to Jira application installation directory (<JIRA_INTALL>) and Jira application home directory (<JIRA_HOME>).

Kind regards,
Irfan

Suggest an answer