Can resolutionDate be set via CSV Import in Jira Cloud?

Steve McAfee October 26, 2016

I found a bunch of discussions about this but some of the information is old and seems conflicting. I don't seem to find resolutionDate in my selection list for mapping during import. It looks like for issues with a resolution the resolved date is being set during the import but i'm not sure where the value is coming from at all. Last update time?

I have created a "Date Resolved" field and imported the value from csv. I think I can write a python script to copy that value to resolutionDate. Is that the only way?

steve

3 answers

0 votes
Steve McAfee October 27, 2016

Ok, so I had created  a custom Date Resolved and gotten confused. There is a Date Resolved in the csv import list which maps to resolutionDate and it does import correctly. But having investigated this I don't like the behavior of this field at all so I'm still going to have a field to capture the last time the issue became "done". Thanks.

0 votes
Steve McAfee October 27, 2016

In the ui, yes it is confusingly shown as "Resolved:", but I have found several notes which indicate at least some of the import modules use "field.resolutionDate" to populate it. The CSV import on cloud at least doesn't offer that in the web UI for mapping. Maybe I should hand edit one of the saved import configurations and try field.resolutionDate.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2016

Isn't it just called "Resolved" or "Resolved date?"

Suggest an answer