Can "Reporter" be searched by non-logged-in users via the new Service Desk "Portal Only Customers"?

Charles Rottero August 23, 2017

I raised this question in a similar post last year (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-Core-questions/Can-a-non-logged-in-user-access-or-set-the-reporter-when/qaq-p/382218#M24531) but am addressing it as a new question because of the advent of "Portal Only Customers", which 99% of my users are.

We allow anonymous ticket creation and would like the user to be able to set the "Reporter" field, however as a dynamic field, it is not searchable to a non-logged-in user.  Has this changed, or can it be allowed somehow in order to further leverage the portal-only-customers?  Our (lousy) work-around is adding a mandatory custom field "Name" to the ticketCreate screen, then having a Service Desk Technician go back through tickets and manually reconcile "Name" and "Reporter", a dreadful waste of energy.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

Hi @Charles Rottero ,

anonymous users can't set Reporter. My suggestion is to add to creation screen a field like "Reporter email" and setup a custom postfunction that, based on that field, search the user and set it as reporter.

Fabio

Suggest an answer