Can "Forward Email" forward to two emails?

Christian Chandler April 7, 2017

We have an email listener that creates an issue ticket when an email is sent to a specific address. Then, Jira alerts a different email about the newly created ticket. Both of these features are working; now I'm interested in adding a second email to alert to.

I've tried adding a second email separated by a comma and also tried just with a space seperator. The form's validation reports both attempts are "Invalid email address format." which makes me think this field is expecting one email.

My question is can the "Forward Email" contain two email addresses? If so, what's the format to seperate the emails also how can the second email be the address of whoever sent the original email? In other words, does jira have a syntax that uses the email's From: field?

I have not found this type of information in documentation. Thank you for your input.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

Hi Christian,

It sounds like you're trying to add a second value to the "Forward Email" field in your "Mail Handler" on the "Incoming Mail" JIRA Admin Console page.  (Admin > System > Incoming  Mail)

Instead, why don't you modify the Notification Scheme for the project?

You can add a "Single Email Address" to the "Issue Created" notification line item. (Admin > Issues > Notification Schemes)

Poor man's method:  You could set one email account to forward to another on your mail server.

Hope this helps,

Rachel

Suggest an answer