Can old Jira license be used on Jira Core

Kelvin Chan March 23, 2016

Hi there,

We have got an existing license on our Jira. May I know which, JIRA Core or JIRA Software, we can apply it on to now?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kelvin

3 answers

0 votes
Kelvin Chan March 28, 2016

Hi Warren,

Finally I can get the JIRA 7 with Core installed successfully. However, when I apply our existing JIRA license key into the JIRA Core, I have got the following error:

The license could not be installed.

This license is not for the selected product. Please make sure that the license is for the selected product and contact Support if the issue continues.

Can you please advise what to do next?

Thanks Warren.

Regards,

Kelvin

0 votes
Kelvin Chan March 23, 2016

Thanks Warren for your prompt reply.

However, we experienced problem when upgrading from V6.4 to V7 as I had "Error Occurred" after upgraded.

Can you please point me to the right direction?

Regards,

Kelvin

Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2016

HI @Kelvin Chan,

It should be compatible, if it's throwing an error during upgrade it could be something else. I'd suggest logging a ticket with our support team at www.support.atlassian.com, they'll be able to help you troubleshoot the upgrade. 

Thanks,

Warren

0 votes
Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2016

Hi @Kelvin Chan,

You can use your existing license for JIRA Software, which includes JIRA Core. Have a look at our migration hub for more information.

Thanks,

Warren

Suggest an answer