Can not find atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

H everybody!

I have uotcame mail logging on, but I can not find atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log. I expect to see it here <jira>/Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\log. 

But I see here atlassian-jira-incoming-mail.log.

Best regards,

Vasiliy

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

That's where it should be.

After logging is turned on, the file is created when there's an error with outgoing emails. Are outgoing emails functional? Are you sure there should have been an error logged there?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2016

I thought that there will be logged all email that JIRA sends.

So, it means that there is not any errors with outcome mails.

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2016

Exactly. It's not a log of all emails sent. It would grow very large very quickly, and would duplicate your email server's logs.

the JIRA log has errors that look like this:

Exception reading response;
nested exception is:
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at com.atlassian.mail.server.impl.SMTPMailServerImpl.sendWithMessageId(SMTPMailServerImpl.java:213)
at com.atlassian.mail.queue.SingleMailQueueItem.send(SingleMailQueueItem.java:44)
at com.atlassian.mail.queue.MailQueueImpl.sendBuffer(MailQueueImpl.java:66)

You should look at your mail server itself for logs of emails sent.

Suggest an answer