Can no longer move story from a story to a bug..

Micah Mutrux October 30, 2015

Recently I modified our workflow scheme to add a (very slightly) different workflow for bugs & tasks than other issue types (see this question).  But now that I've separated bugs & tasks on one workflow and stories, tasks and epics on another, I'm no longer able to move issues from a story to a bug.  

Is there some way for me to resolve this?  It seems like it should be possible to move a mis-labeled story to a task or whatnot.  This is what our current workflow scheme looks like:

Screen Shot 2015-10-30 at 10.06.53 AM.png

Normally I am able to move a story by clicking the [...] symbol on the detail view and selecting "more operations".  But now I don't have the 'move' option anymore:

image2015-10-30 14:37:37.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2015

You can only edit an issue from one type to another (i.e. use the "issue type" field on the edit screen) if the configuration for the two types is exactly the same.  The slightest change of workflow or fields will disable that option (because it means JIRA has to do config checks to keep the data valid)

You can always move an issue though - clicking move will offer you a choice of project and issue type, just choose the same project.

Micah Mutrux October 30, 2015

Ok, not being able to 'edit' the type makes sense. However, I'm not able to find the 'move' operation I'm used to using either (see my updated question above). I don't recall seeing a 'move' button, but maybe I've just been ignoring it - where is this button?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2015

You can only move an issue if you have "move" permission in the project. Check the permissions. It will appear in the actions menu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events