Can i create component "inside" the other component? I Need 1 main component "father" of others smaller.

ksilva75 September 1, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Defining a Component

Can i create component "inside" the other component? I Need 1 main component "father" of others smaller.

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2016

No.

There are some requests for "sub components" in Atlassian's tracker, and the main one ( https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-846 ) is not only open (Atlassian close down things they aren't going to do regularly) but quite highly voted too.  So it could well be on the way.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2016

Christmas is coming too, Nic wink

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2016

Winter is coming wink

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2016

There's no out of the box way to support hierarchical components. There are plugins that provide this custom feature if you're interested.

Suggest an answer