Can fuzzy searching for the Issue Key / name be improved?

Tim Brugman January 18, 2016

Example: http://toscani.nl/temp/logwork.jpg

When logging work on a large project it's getting really hard for us to get the correct Issue Key showing up.

In this example you can see that FCN-94 is easily the closest match for this search query, but it's not showing up. I've had to resort to searching for FCN-7, then FCN-8, then FCN-9, just so I get 10 unique results at a time. It slows down the logging process by a lot. Hope you can help.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2016

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately it's not easy to improve. The searching is provided by standard JIRA API and it "works as it works".

Maybe other way: When "Issue Key" gets focus show the suggestion dropdown filled with few recently used issues. Would that work for you?

Tim Brugman January 18, 2016

Hi Volodymyr,

I was afraid that might be the case. I'll present the problem to Atlassian.

Showing the last used issues should definitely be a time saver regardless!

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2016

Hi @Tim Brugman,

Work Time Calendar version 2.7.0 for JIRA Server and  1.2.6-AC for JIRA Cloud include:

• To speed-up issue selection autosuggestion shows recent issues if nothing was typed

Suggest an answer