Can fuzzy searching for the Issue Key / name be improved?

Example: http://toscani.nl/temp/logwork.jpg

When logging work on a large project it's getting really hard for us to get the correct Issue Key showing up.

In this example you can see that FCN-94 is easily the closest match for this search query, but it's not showing up. I've had to resort to searching for FCN-7, then FCN-8, then FCN-9, just so I get 10 unique results at a time. It slows down the logging process by a lot. Hope you can help.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately it's not easy to improve. The searching is provided by standard JIRA API and it "works as it works".

Maybe other way: When "Issue Key" gets focus show the suggestion dropdown filled with few recently used issues. Would that work for you?

Hi Volodymyr,

I was afraid that might be the case. I'll present the problem to Atlassian.

Showing the last used issues should definitely be a time saver regardless!

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi @Tim Brugman,

Work Time Calendar version 2.7.0 for JIRA Server and  1.2.6-AC for JIRA Cloud include:

• To speed-up issue selection autosuggestion shows recent issues if nothing was typed

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

165 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you