Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can anyone else than the product owner add new issues to the product backlog

From the definition of the Product Owner in Scrum, he/she is the sole person that manages the product backlog. Does this mean that only he/she can add new issues to the backlog? Typically not being a technical person, how is he/she going to add technical tasks, like "Create REST API for adding new product category", "Make the necessary changes to use caching for tokens." etc. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user Aug 01, 2018

Hi @Hasan Teltik,

You make a good point, though you mention it yourself, "manages the product backlog" this does not mean solely responsible for creating Stories, Improvements, etc. Anyone within the Project Team, by this I mean stakeholders, suppliers, users, developers, etc., should be able to create an issue on the product Backlog.

It is the Product Owner's role to refine the Backlog continually, working with technical leads, stakeholders, and end users to discover what is valuable within to the project objectives or product. 

Hope this helps

Hope this helps 

Of course it did. Thank you a lot.

Hi @Hasan Teltik,

Gad I could assist :)

If you could please vote and accept my proposed answer, only if this fulfils your requirements, as this helps other community members who might have similar questions in the future.

Thanks

Opps, sorry for making you ask for this. I don't know how I could miss that.

Not at all, I have made this mistake myself. 

Thanks Hasan, have a great day.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,934 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you