Can a user with global permissions configure a dashboard for another user?

Stella Bowen October 4, 2016

I have seen that each user can configure a dashboard to show all their assigned issues across projects in one dashboard.  I also have seen that if that user has global permissions they can share that dashboard with other users.

My question is, can a user who has global permissions set up and share a dashboard for a specific user? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ranganath HV Gowda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2016

@Stella Bowen - Yes, user with Gloal JIRA Administrator permission they can share Dashboards and filters.

Refer - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/managing-shared-dashboards-749383572.html

1 vote
Bart Meerveld
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2016

You can share a dashboard with either a project, a group or anyone. So you could do this by creating a new group, only add the person you want to share it with and share it with that group.

Suggest an answer