Can a participant(customer) on Jira Service Desk can add comments to the issues?

Rajendar Chiluka January 19, 2017

on a service desk issue I added a customer as participant and he can not make any comments to the issue?

could some one please help?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2017

Some JIRA instances have a "Participant" field from other plugin's that is different from the "Request Participant" field that JIRA ServiceDesk uses. Can you confirm that you added the customers as a "Request Participant" to the issue?

The second thing to check would be to ensure that your customer's email/account is listed in your "Customers" role on your project, or that they are part of a group that is listed within that role. 

If these two things are set correctly, then the customer should be able to log in to the customer portal to make a comment, or reply to an email to add a comment.

0 votes
Rajendar Chiluka January 19, 2017

Thank you for quick response. 

I added customer to Request Participant but, customer email/account was not added in my project role. I added the customer and he is able to make comments through his portal. Thank you so much.

Regards

Rajendar 

Suggest an answer