Can a customfield value (type of issue) in creation screen change the assignee?

I wished, i could define automatically a certain assignee by chosing a certain value of a cascade field in the creation screen (f.ex. cascade field "issue type: technical -  gui" assigns the ticket to user GUI-department-

Without need to chose/change Assignee in an extra "Assignee" field

I hoped i would find a post function like "Set Field Value from an other Field Value" or similar.

Any proposals?

thanks for your help

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Pitt Community Champion Oct 28, 2016

That is what the component field/component lead is for. However that applies to the whole project and can't be configured by issue type.

This widget could not be displayed.

That confirms my gut instinct and proposal to the PL. So the project should obviously better be restructured with components instead of custom fields choices. Many thanks for your reply, Joe!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

72 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you