Can Jira warn if closing a browser window if fields on the page have been edited?

Greg Hoggarth August 17, 2016

One of my users has pointed out that if you open up a JIRA issue and edit some text, either from clicking the Edit button and doing it on the edit form, or doing in-line editing, if you close your browser window or click 'back' on it, accidentally or deliberately, JIRA doesn't pop up any confirmation button asking if you are sure you want to navigate away. This results in people losing data, which wastes time.

I don't believe this will be existing configuration that can be enabled, rather it will be new development that Atlassian would need to implement. Perhaps there is already a JIRA suggestion ticket open for this, but I've done some googling but don't know the correct terminology to search for, so haven't made a lot of progress. Hence this question here.

Alternatively if anyone knows of browser plugins that might help with this functionality in JIRA specifically I'd be interested to hear of them.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2016

I don't know of anything to help with single-option or multi-option select fields, but I use Lazarus Form Recovery for Chrome to help me out if I lose any data in text fields. It's saved me a few times. smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events