Can Jira backup files be saved to a network location?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2017

Right now the daily backup is being saved to the local drive and the files are eating up drive space.  (its a small drive)  We have a lot more space on the network.

2 answers

1 vote
Jonas_Bygdén April 26, 2017

Why not give us an option to enter an arbitrary directory for the xml-backup?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2017

Agree 100%

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2017

You could move them to a network location, or if you want to be a bit more automatic, mount a network location at <JIRA home>/exports.  Be aware that if there are network issues, the backup could fail, and you must not put some of the other directories under JIRA-home on a share.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2017

Hmmm, I wonder if a better solution is to automate folder cleanup separately.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2017

I tend to use logrotate on the directory if we know we are only ever going to want "the last x backups", and then a simple cron that copies (say) every Sunday's backup to a mounted network drive.

For larger systems, I wander off to use the database tools to do backups - the xml isn't really that "enterprise"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events