Can JIRA has the ticketing system?

Sonia Sahu January 25, 2019

Hello, I am looking for options where I can communicate with another group through a ticketing system. Instead of sending emails in outlook, I would like to have all the conversations documented in a ticket. The ticket can be updated by either my group or the other group with whom we work.

And It should be possible to have attachments and set priority, categories, status etc. 

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2019

Hello,

Have a look at the security levels. Security levels will let you restrict the visibility of a ticket to certain groups and users:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-issue-level-security-861253265.html

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2019

Hello Sonia,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

Yes, it is possible to use JIRA to trade messages about a specific subject by using comments on issues.

You can even integrate your e-mail channel to JIRA so when you send an e-mail copying your JIRA e-mail address, an issue should be automatically created on JIRA and all the replies to that address would add new comments to the issue.

You can also add attachments, permission levels, priorities and links to any JIRA issue as you need.

If you are looking just for a simple option to register and search for conversations, JIRA Core would be the ideal application for your use-case, however, for a more complete ticketing tool, I would recommend JIRA Service Desk.

Both Core and SD are JIRA applications, with their own specific features. You can start a free trial for JIRA Core application in the link below:

JIRA Core sign-up

Once you have signed up for it, you can go to Find new applications menu in the User management page and also start a free trial of JIRA Service Desk if you want.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Suggest an answer