Can I use the DVCS on hosted jira?

arnokoehler March 7, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Use the JIRA DVCS Connector Add-on

If I search for DVCS on my hosted JIRA I can not find it sad

2 answers

1 vote
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2016

As outlined in Use the JIRA DVCS Connector Add-onYou can connect Bitbucket Cloud or GitHub accounts with JIRA applications using the free JIRA DVCS Connector add-on:

This add-on comes bundled with JIRA Software. For JIRA Server versions earlier than 7.0, this is a system add-on that you can install. For more details, see Linking Bitbucket Cloud and GitHub accounts to JIRA Software[emphasis mine]

So you need to make sure that your Atlassian Cloud subscription is using a JIRA Software license (rather than just JIRA Core). Within JIRA Software, you can access the DVCS Connector configuration via the following menu paths:

• JIRA Administration => 'Applications' menu/tab => 'DVCS accounts' section
  • <any project> => 'Project settings' menu => 'Development tools' section => 'Connect' dropdown button

0 votes
arnokoehler March 8, 2016

Found it. But it thows an can not authenticate right now error in the end. Walked through all the steps perfectly .. except the final .. :S

Suggest an answer