Can I set how many fields are listed in each column of the Details panel for an issue?

Maggie Stearns May 27, 2016

I have a sets of users asking to customize the layout in the Details section. Currently they have 16 fields down the first column and 2 fields in the second column and they want to even out the number of fields in each column to make the whole thing shorter.

I know that adding a tab might help, but I was wondering if there was a way to set the number of fields per column. (I don't mean column as in board column.)

Thanks!

2016-05-27_9-54-43.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2016

Maggie,

To customize this layout you need to update velocity template (detailsblock.vm) in bundled plugin jira-view-issue-plugin-6.4.12.jar (for JIRA 6.4.12) or similar.

Second way of doing it is using javascript to reorganize issue view page, but our experience shows there are some issues when doing issue changes.

Basically, it's not supported change and details section normally can hold only 3 predefined fields in right column (status, resolution, security level).

There is no way to do this work without development.

Maggie Stearns May 27, 2016

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events