Can I send issues to a specific location in the backlog?

jenstill March 2, 2016

A colleague says that at his last company, they were able to right click on an issue in the backlog and choose to send it above or below an existing issue in the backlog. We do not have this option in our backlog and can only choose to send issues to top or bottom of backlog, or to an existing sprint. How do we add the capability to send issues to 'above' or 'below' another existing issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2016

You don't need an additional plugin to do this! It should work just give it a tray.

0 votes
Hung Nguyen March 2, 2016

I'm not sure if I misunderstood your question, but in my setup, on the backlog view of my agile board, I can just drag the issue up or down to the position I want. 

vmm-repo March 2, 2016

Yes, you are right. We can also drag & drop but unfortunately our Backlog is huge which makes dragging & dropping both time consuming and impractical. If we are able to find out how to enable the feature of right-clicking to send issues to a certain position in the backlog that he swears he was able to do at his last company, this would save us a great deal of time.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

It sounds like a plug-in or a customization. I haven't heard of this specific ability though. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events