Can I prevent issues from falling into Other Issues on the Active Sprint View?

Alex Allen February 4, 2016

I prioritize my tickets in the backlog view, where all tickets are all shown in order. When I switch my view to Active Sprint View, all tickets that do not have subtasks get moved into the Other Issues bucket, which makes it difficult for developers to see my prioritization.

Is there a setting where I can turn off the Other Issues bucket?

1 answer

1 vote
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

Yes there is!

In your Board's Configuration > Swimlanes settings, it sounds like you have them organized by Stories.  That page states:

Swimlanes

A swimlane is a row on the board that can be used to group issues. Swimlane type can be changed below and will be saved automatically. Note: queries will not be lost when changing to another swimlane type.

"Stories"
Group sub-tasks under their parent issue. Issues without sub-tasks will be shown in their own group at the bottom.
I personally have mine set to Queries so that it is neutral and all issues are just there in a column and not grouped together
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2016

There's lots of ways you can configure swimlanes, and the "other" lane just means that you've chosen a set of swimlanes that let some issues through to lanes.  Just design the queries so that nothing can fall through to "other"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events