Can I migrate a cloud demo (5 users) for JIRA and Confluence to a production cloud instance (50-100 users)?

Jonathan Wilson July 12, 2016

Simple question, trying to get buy in at my organization to come over to Atlassian tools which I've used previously. I am building out a demo with the 'free' license to prove out to management with a sample workflow in JIRA and sample structure for documentation and collaboration in Confluence. Am I able to at the end of the day migrate that to a licensed version of each once I can get buy-in, and even with different user levels?

For example I see us using a 50 or 100 user license for JIRA, but only 15 or so for Confluence.
I'd want to make sure I can use that structure rather than recreate it yet again in the production cloud instance.

Thanks.  

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2016

A migration for cloud servers would usually be "export it from source and import it on target".

However, if you're using a trial, you can simply go with it - when you get to the end of the trial (or before if you get buy-in), buy it.  Then the Cloud "demo" becomes your production service, complete with all the demo data you had in it.

The user licences are really a separate ting, you can choose whichever is the best tier for you when you buy (and change it later) - it won't affect your data.

Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2016

Go with Nic's answer unless you need to change the URL to something else for your production instance.

Jonathan Wilson July 12, 2016

Sounds great thanks guys! There is a chance on changing the URL... since I would have to have a manager of IT approval on that (process). That's more work if so?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2016

Changing the url for a cloud instance is, at the moment, a migration - you can't just change it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events