Can I initiate a re-index on JIRA cloud?

Donna Rochard August 14, 2020

Can I initiate a re-index on JIRA cloud

2 answers

1 vote
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2020

Hi @Donna Rochard 

Re-indexing is done automatically on Cloud, so there's actually no need for it. Is there a specific reason why you're seeking for a re-index?

Adam Dulberg December 8, 2020

Hello @Prince Nyeche I can attest to this - my issue is that "Edit Details" within a custom field's description is still showing on the create screen after deletion a year ago. I confirmed that even after local cache clear and new user invited to our instance, we are all still seeing the field's description as it was a year ago. Re-indexing would solve this issue, how can we persist a "cache clear" to dump stale data?

Like Jay McCarogher likes this
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi @Adam Dulberg 

It is not possible for data to remain on the platform when it has been explicitly deleted, Jira Cloud is designed in such a way that once data is deleted, it's gone. Especially when it comes to custom fields, all these functions are done automatically. Is there a way for you to show or demonstrate this problem, so i can get a better understanding of the situation?

Adam Dulberg December 9, 2020

Thanks for the quick reply and I think I know what's going on here although I can't explain why. To your question, I could take screen shots as there isn't anything sensitive but not sure it'd be helpful. Quick background; this field was initially created with a description in 'edit details'. Then additional contexts were added and the description was removed. 

Every time I add this field (regardless of context) to a screen that it has never been on, immediately viewing the screen after the field was put there, the description shows up. So yesterday, when I posted this the description was still there - however, checking today, it's gone. Must be the sync you're referring to. As an admin, I'm rarely going back to check individual team's screens after they're created but I was able to confirm this today by trialing on a few screens.

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2020

If I'm understanding this correctly, this could probably be an issue with the field configuration scheme. So on the field configuration, you've might have changed the description of the field based on a certain issue type hence that specific description shows. @Adam Dulberg open a new question about this and tag me with any description you think might be helpful, so we can look into it?

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2020

Reindexing has been deprecated in Jira Cloud. Kindly have a look at this thread:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-t-re-index-Jira-Cloud/qaq-p/613607

Suggest an answer