Can I hide all stories whos subtasks all are hidden?

Jimi Hullegård December 8, 2015

Hi,

We use a few custom quick-filters in our project, and in the Active Sprint board they work great to filter out sub-tasks. But when we switch to the Backlog board they are not really working as we want them to, and I can't seem to find a way to solve that. Because what we want is to hide all stories, whos sub-tasks are all hidden.

For example, let's assume the following:

• We have one story PROJECT-1, with the subtasks PROJECT-2 and PROJECT-3
  • PROJECT-1 has status "In progress", PROJECT-2 has status "Resolved" and PROJECT-3 has status "Ready for test"
  • We have a quick filter: status not in (Closed, Resolved, "Ready for test")
  • We are currently viewing the Backlog board

Expected/wanted behaivor:

PROJECT-1 is hidden, becaues all it's subtasks are hidden by the filter.

Actuall behaivor:

PROJECT-1 is shown.

Is there any way to make Jira behaive like we want in this case? Either using some project setting, that automatically hides a story when all it's subtasks are hidden (but preferably the special case of a story without subtasks could be exempted from this rule), or with some JQL magic that we can apply to the filters where we want this behaivor.

Regards
/Jimi

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2015

That's a really interesting idea, but no, there's no way to implement it at the moment, as there's no way to indicate "and subtasks are all hidden"

Bastien Dehaynin July 28, 2021

Hi Nic, just found this thread and I'm interested in this feature. Do you know if there's been any change regarding this since 2015?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

Nope, no change.  I don't think enough people are interested in it.

Like Bastien Dehaynin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events