Can I have a setting where in my workflow a notification email is set if a task is not completed by a pre determined time?

Catherine Taylor December 20, 2016

Can I have a setting where in my workflow a notification email is set if a task is not completed by a pre determined time?

1 answer

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2016

Hi Catherine,

You could use filter subscriptions for this. Create a JQL filter that returns the issues you want to be notified of and create a subscription as explained here.

Just as an example:

Project = <some project> AND created < -5d AND Resolution = Unresolved

The nice thing about these filters is you can also use them as the basis for a filter results gadget on a dashboard. So you can be notified, but also watch the issues in real time.

Catherine Taylor December 20, 2016

Thank you very much! I'm a little confused as to where I create the filter and how. I want it so that for one particular ticket for a task to be completed everyday and if it isn't moved to 'Completed' by a particular time of the day then a notification email gets sent. Also, after the task has been moved to completed I would like it to automatically reset to 'In Progress' everyday.  Is this possible?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2016

Phew, that's a very specific corner case. If you are on JIRA Server, you could use the free Automation add-on from Atlassian. It allows you to use a CRON schedule to specify the time of day you want to check the status of your issue and trigger an action from it. You can also automate the status changes with it, as you suggest - given your workflow allows to transition from closed to in progress of course.

Suggest an answer