Can I grant permission for a user to manage project users and groups

Amina ElShal August 25, 2016

Hi, 

I'm the JIRA admin for my cloud domain, Is there any way to grant another user the permission to add/delete or activate users for a certain project without being an admin ??

if any user becomes a member of  the administrator group can he revoke my access to the system , even I'm the owner ??

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2016

Project admin can manage project roles. Only JIRA admins can manage groups. Using roles is prefered by many long time users because it allows the project lead/admin to control access to the project and gets the JIRA admin out of the loop.

0 votes
Jason Stein August 25, 2016

Amina, the short answer is that yes, if any user becomes an admin, then he can revoke access to anyone.

What I have done is to author a separate web site which uses the JIRA CLI and adopts the appropriate authority of the JIRA CLI user.  Then I give the users that need to do the user/group admin stuff, access to that web site and I keep their authority in JIRA to a very limited authority.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events