Can I customize card layout on Kanban board?

Colin Reed August 9, 2018

I haven't used JIRA in a few years, and with the new design I haven't been able to locate where board settings are so that I can customize the cards.

Can someone help with this?

1 answer

0 votes
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2018

Hi @Colin Reed,

1. Go to the board, then click  Board >  Configure.
  2. Click Card layout, 

Related KB: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/customizing-cards-938845307.html

Colin Reed August 10, 2018

Hi Tansu,

I don't see a configure option. I've attached a screenshot of what my screen looks like.

ColinScreen Shot 2018-08-10 at 9.35.34 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-10 at 9.35.00 AM.png

Milan Chheda [INFOSYSTA]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2018

Are you logged in as administrator or Board administrator?

There should be "Board" at top-right on of your board page, under which there is "Configure", and you can change the "Card Layout" from the board configuration page.

Colin Reed August 15, 2018

I think it may have to do with using a template project. I see the options when I use "Classic Kanban"

Suggest an answer