Can I create a Scrum board for Business Projects in JIRA 7?

Valerie Boudreau October 6, 2015

If I can, can I put sub-tasks of a task in separate sprints? That's a natural behavior in business projects. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2015

No.  Sub-tasks belong to issues, and it's the issues that go into sprints.

It's really not a natural behaviour in "business projects".  If you're implementing some form of Agile planning, then the sub-tasks need to remain with their parents, and that's how you plan.  If you find this doesn't work, your "business project" is paying lip-service to being Agile and really doesn't get how the planning works at all - they should move to Kanban, or skip Agile completely.

Valerie Boudreau October 6, 2015

I prefer Kanban but it doesn't allow planning.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2015

Kanban doesn't allow planning because it's aimed at processes that don't need planning. Scrum does planning on a "commit to deliver X amount of stuff in timeframe Y" I suspect your business projects are quite simply not Agile, and you're trying to apply an inappropriate methodology to them. You'll need to analyse what you *really* want from planning (and maybe just add in the use of Kanban boards for nothing more than a bit of visualisation and easy updates)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events