Can I close a JIRA item w/o executing the workflow?

Amin M. December 4, 2019

I have multiple tickets (in 100s) that are not applicable to the Project anymore. Is there a way I can close those issues without executing the workflow?

1 answer

1 vote
Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

Not any easy one that i would recommend, but I would ask whether or not it matters and why not take the easy way and transition them to their end through the bulk edit (just make sure not to send out notifications when doing it) 

If it is a big complicated workflow, then i would possible change the workflow by adding an "all transition" to the done/closed state desired that automatically sets the resolution to what i want. That way I would have full control on what happens.  

Amin M. December 5, 2019

Is there a specific role for seeing bulk edit option? I am a Product Manager but cannot see this option anywhere.

Thanks.

Krister Broman _Advania_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

The permission for bulk operations is a global permissions which you assign to a group: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/managing-global-permissions-938847142.html 

You need to be a member of that group as well as having the corresponding permission to do the actions within the projects permission i.e. transition an issue. 

Like Amin M. likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events