Can I assign a issue security scheme to specific issues not a project?

Elif Alverson September 1, 2016

Hello, 

Can I assign a issue security scheme to specific issues not a project? 

Thank you. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2016

No, they're a project level scheme.

Is there a way to limit visibility of an issue for users?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2016

Yes, give the project a security scheme and then set a security level on the issue you want to hide, (assumes you've set up a level which includes and excludes the right people)

I think you mean you want to prevent users creating, using or seeing an issue type though.  That's not possible natively and even the add-ons that do something like it are a doddle to get around.

There are two issues created in two different projects. One of them already closed , the other one is still open. I am asked that " if it is possible to have these two issues to be visible only for three managers?  two issues belongs to two different projects, three users. 

Any ideas?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2016

Status and project are mostly irrelevant here.

Create a security scheme that has at least one "level".  In that level, name the three managers (or, better, a group, or best, a role that only they are in in each project).  Apply the scheme to both projects and set the security level on those two issues.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Suggest an answer