Can I add only "Time Spent" and "Date Started" to a transition screen, without "Remaining Estimate"?

Tamas Kozma June 23, 2016

I only want to log work, I don't need estimation. The Remaining Estimate checkboxes take up lots of space, so that the user has to scroll down to see the Comment field. They also add a lot of noise. Is it possible to only have Time Spent and Date Started, but hiding Remaining Estimate?

Update:

When I add "Log work" to the field on the screen, I get the following:

Log work.png

When I add "Time tracking" instead, I get this:

Time tracking.png

3 answers

1 vote
George Mihailoff August 20, 2018

What if you don't need to deal with manual work log anymore!? Check out the Quantify time spent addon.

1 vote
Raina Arjona June 27, 2016

I'm having the exact same issue. I only want to expose Time Spent. The other fields that are part of Log Work are just extra noise for 3 projects that I have.

From everything that I've read so far regarding this, Log Work and Time Tracking are system fields, and these options cannot be manipulated in the way we need. Ideally, I would like to be able to create a Log Work-type custom field without having to purchase a new add-on for it.

I'm hoping somebody out there has an answer or alternative solution.

1 vote
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2016

That's the Log Work field. The estimates fields are bundled in the Time Tracking field.

Simply remove the Time Tracking field while keeping Log Work in your transition screen.

Tamas Kozma June 23, 2016

Thank you for the answer. I updated the question with screenshots of what it looks like when I add "Log work" vs "Time Tracking". Does that maybe mean that I have some customized setup where someone added Remaining Estimate to Log work for some reason?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events