Can I add custom text fields to Jira's quick search?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2016

When I search for text, I need to search across projects, not just in the basics (summary, description, etc) but in commonly used custom fields.  Having to take the time to craft a ridiculously complex JQL EVERY TIME is really, REALLY frustrating.  Is there any way to simply add fields to quick search?

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2016

The idea for the quick search is exactly for what you described.

If you want to specify a custom field that's just the same as opening up "Issues > Search Issues > Advance Search" because it is an advance search, not a quick search. Otherwise, you are saying you want this feature copied to the quick search bar right in the main menu bar. Open up a suggestion to Atlassian, let's see what they think about it.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2016

I think I wasn't clear enough.  The case is this: a term may appear in any of the text fields in a project; could be the standard fields, could be custom.  Not sure.  I want to be able to do a quick search for the term and have JIRA automatically search all text fields, both standard and custom.

Now this may be a non issue as I think this was already handled.  (And I didn't realize)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7686

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events