• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Can I add a story as a draft, not visible to team ? I dont want to go into deep permission, I think thats possible that way.I just want to mark something draft and then later publish it as a story.

Can I add a story as a draft, not visible to team ? I dont want to go into deep permission, I think thats possible that way.I just want to mark something draft and then later publish it as a story.

zaheer ahmad December 1, 2016

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2016

I'm afraid JIRA doesn't have a "draft mode".  It's kind of expecting that if you have an issue, you want to log it, and drafting doesn't really add anything useful to an issue tracker.

zaheer ahmad December 1, 2016

Thanks Nic

0 votes
Deleted user December 2, 2016

Actually you could add a "Draft" status. On the team board, do not include this status on any of the columns and it will not appear. A publish transition could move the issue to one of the visible status. Of course you will need to create a separate board that does show this status so you can get to those issues.

In our Kanban environment we often have a Planning Board for a couple of transitions before an issue is in the To Do status which is the beginning column for our engineers/team boards.

Suggest an answer