Can I add a link to Log Work in the Issue detail view?

Mostafa Sekandari October 11, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring the Issue Detail View

When looking at the issues (i.e. Stories and/or Tasks) and as I click on them, a detail issue view opens on the right side pane of the screen.  I would like to add a link to "Log Work" there so users can easily access time tracking.  I've tried to configure the board > Issue Detail View but notice that "Log Work" is not a field that I can select to add via the drop down.  Is there a way to get it on the Issue Detail View?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2016

You can't add it as a button but you will find the action when you click on the three dots (...) at the right side of the issue key. The actions drop down will have all the issue actions.

Mostafa Sekandari October 11, 2016

Thank you Jobin.  I am familiar with the that option, however it is not as intuitive for end users.  On my previous engagement, the environment was setup so that Log Work was a hyperlink on the top of the Issue Detail View.  That way a user could click on it and immediately track hours.  Therefore, I know this is possible, just don't know how to go about to doing it. 

Andrena November 8, 2016

Did you find an answer? I am looking as well.

Morgan Thunder January 31, 2017

Me too! Any luck?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

I am sure you can do this with the help of a custom add-on. On cloud, you probably need to check the Connect framework. I was saying that it is not possible out of the box. 

Pretty much anything is possible with add-ons on the server version smile 

setempler February 2, 2018

Please vote for this feature requested at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-13525

Macha May 23, 2018

Any updates on this thread please? I am looking for the answers as well.

Shamit Patel August 30, 2018

Any update????

Suggest an answer