Can I add a dropdown filter (not a saved filter) to a dashboard in order to filter by Kanban board?

Delane Zahoruiko November 23, 2020

I would like to add a dynamic filter to my dashboard to view the statistics from several Kanban boards that sit under the same project "umbrella".  Ideally I would like to see a dropdown filter with the list of values being the many different Kanban boards. I would like the gadgets on the dashboard to update with board specific information when a filter is selected.

Is there any workaround to achieve this or something similar? Is the only way to achieve this through an add in (i.e. Rich Filters, Quick Filters, etc.)?

4 answers

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 5, 2021

Hello @Delane Zahoruiko 

As an alternative solution, you can try Dynamic Filters app. It allows creating dynamic filters using the visual editor and save them for Jira's filters. Also, its 3 types of Gadgets give the ability to monitor data about issues selected by dynamic filter at Jira Dashboard.

I hope, you find it helpful.

Best regards,

Zoryana

0 votes
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 25, 2020

Welcome to the Community, @Delane Zahoruiko

I am the product manager of Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards. You use case is indeed possible with our app.

If you want to give it a try, don't hesitate to contact our support if you have questions or feedback. Your feedback is very important for us to improve our app.

Thank you!

0 votes
Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

no, not in a dashboard.  Nick is right

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

No for two reasons:

There is no search by board - boards are not containers of issues

There is no functionality for adding filters to gadgets on display, it's done in their config, when it's appropriate for them, and not at a dashboard level (a dashboard is just a container for gadgets)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events