Can I Release a Version to QA using Kanban

Gregg Bolinger January 13, 2016

With the basic Kanban template in JIRA, once there are some tasks in the Done column, they can be released and a Version applied to them. This would generally imply production release. However, I'd like to have an initial "Release" to QA and then the final release tagged for Production. Does this make sense and is it possible to do this in JIRA's Kanban board?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

Yes it's possible! You can put Versions on any stages in the workflow if that's your way of tagging it as a "Release". You may either put the "Version" on any transition screens to populate them or just put it in the "Edit" screen for your project's screen scheme.

Am I misunderstanding your question? If yes, please correct me and put more information so we can help you out smile

Gregg Bolinger January 13, 2016

Yes, I think you are answering my question. I just am not sure how to manage the transition screens. I'll need to look up documentation on that. Thanks.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

Suggest an answer