Can 2 separate Jira server projects share data?

Laura B Livnat August 4, 2016

We have a JIRA internal server project. If we create/buy another server project, say for a different group in the company, can the 2 server installations share data? 

2 answers

1 vote
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2016

Hi Laura,

the question is what do you mean with "share data". If you have some issues that people in both JIRA instances would like to work on or at least to be informed, then you probably want to set up some sort of a synchronization between these JIRA issues.

In order to setup such a synchronization, you could use our addon Backbone Issue Sync for JIRA. This enables you to integrate two JIRA projects with each other. You can freely define which issues of these projects should get exchanged and which fields of the issues.

Backbone can be used to realize different scenarios like having an internal/external JIRA, integrating with suppliers, integrating JIRA with JIRA Service Desk, etc.

Hope this helps!
Matthias.

0 votes
Laura B Livnat August 5, 2016

Thanks Matt,

What I would like to do is have access to projects and PBIs from one installation to another. For example, I would want to have Big Picture projects on one installation, and plan, sync and access JIRA tickets in the second installation. I would also want to Create Zephr test cases from one installation and share test cases and JIRA tickets from the other installation. I want to do this with no more add-ons or purchases. Possible?

Laura

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2016

Hi Laura,

I don't think there is a solution to do this without an addon. (@other readers: Please correct me, if there is).

With our addon, you can sync tickets between instances. So, we do not offer a way to access the other JIRA instance, but to create local copies of the tickets of the other JIRA and keep them in sync. If you'd like to discuss how our addon could solve your specific use case, please also feel free to request a demo on our website.

Unfortunately, synchronisation of Zephyr-related data is not supported so far, but we have a feature request for it and discuss internally how we can solve it.

Matthias.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events