CVS Import - Override or Append?

Jamie Boyer November 6, 2017

Hello Community.  I am sure this is an easy one to answer, but I did not see confirmation on the help around importing to JIRA from CVS.  Does it override issues, or simply add new ones based on what is included in the import file?  My file would not contain any reference to an existing item and is intended to simply be an import of new issues.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Josh Ginger-Goodson November 6, 2017

It should create new issues from the import, unless you specify an issue key that already exists.

Update existing issues:

"To update existing issues, add an Issue Key column to the CSV file. If an issue with that key exists in Jira, it will be updated when you import."

More context on how to format the CSV file and requirements can be found: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/importing-data-from-csv-802592885.html

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

Hello,

If by override you mean that it will delete your old issues and add new issues from the csv file then no. It will not delete your old issues. It will just append new ones

Suggest an answer