CSV import with transition history

Amit Anand April 7, 2020

Hi Team,

I am looking for a way to import excel/csv file to jira along with transition history 

Thanks

Amit Anand

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2020

Hi Amit,

CSV import is not suitable if you are looking for a complete solution.
In case you are able to install Apps a solution like Configuration Manager or Project Configurator can help coming close to many requirementy. At least for Configuration Manager I know from own experience the transition history will be imported when using this App.

Cheers,
Daniel

Amit Anand April 13, 2020

Thanks for Update !!

I think Configuration Manager or Project Configurator can only used to transfer data from one jira server to other.

Not sure if data collected from external application and converted to CSV also supporting.

Thanks

Amit Anand

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2020

Yes, you are right. In case you are migrating from a different solution to Jira the mentioned Apps will be no option.

Also there is little chance to do it by CSV. As stated here the only format that is suitable is JSON.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer