CSV Import

Kevin Seery July 6, 2016

I have tried to import a CSV file into JIRA (server 7.1.7), the file is created out of excel 2010 but saved in csv format. The file is 4k in size.

I want import the file into a incident type I created with a number of custom fields I created.

I'm using UTF-8 encoding which matches my systems encoding UTF-8

CSV import process 

1) I choose the file

2) Setup - pick the project and leave the standard settings

3) Map the fields - tick the 'map field value'

4) Vaule from import to JIRA Target all fine - shows the system can see into the file

click on 'begin import' and screen goes blank 

the screen just remain blank, nothing is import, no errors in logs

I have search the internet not found a solution. The only related issue I could find was about 'Base URL'

My base URL is  http://pmo.sure.com:8080 so don't think this should be causing the problem?

Be great to get some ideas?

Thanks

Kevin

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sachin Dhamale July 6, 2016

Hi Kevin,

There might be come error in the log. error might be related with date format or might be other, please try once again and check the log file.  If its not working then try to import some columns of excel file and test it.

0 votes
Mike Ng May 15, 2017

From step 2

2) Setup - pick the project and leave the standard settings

I am not able select any project. It is not in the drop down list. Please advise. Is it because the adminstrator block it?

0 votes
Sandi Mohler September 30, 2016

I am having the exact same problem.  Did you get your problem solved?\

I got my 404 error in my log (not at the screen), after doing "Begin Import".

Thanks,
Sandi

Kevin Seery October 2, 2016

Hi Sandi,

The problem was the versions of JIRA and Apache. Upgraded the Apache version a couple of points and this solved the problem. 

Hope this helps

Kevin

Sandi Mohler October 3, 2016

Thanks so much.  I'll try that.

Sandi

Sandi Mohler October 11, 2016

Just talked to our system admin guys, and we don't use Apache as our server.  They tell me we use Tomcat.  I don't know the difference - thought they were the same, but looks like not.  Maybe we should upgrade the Tomcat a few points?  smile  Thanks, Sandi

Kevin Seery October 11, 2016

Hi Sandi,

Apache and Tomcat come together see web site link. They may just think of it as Tomcat?

http://tomcat.apache.org/

This is our Tomcat version: 

found in Administration /system /system information

Application Server ContainerApache Tomcat/8.0.33

So suggest that you do upgrade if a lower version.

Hope this helps

Kevin

0 votes
Cheney Ma [Go2Group]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2016

Did you meet 404 error after doing 'Begin Import'?

0 votes
Kevin Seery July 6, 2016

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for this. The file I'm importing is a test file with 3 columns of data and 4 rows, no dates. I just wanted to see if could import something simple before I starting with large data sets.

I'm new to JIRA, so just to check where is the '.log error' file?

Thanks

Kevin

Suggest an answer