CLI for updating issue resolution date?

Justin Leader
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

Howdy! 

There's some discussion here in Atlassian answers about changing the resolution date on issues, and it kind of points to using CLI. Is there someone who can point me on what code to use to update and issue's resolution date? I need to make some urgent cleaning repairs to some data.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

AFAIK, changing the Resolution Date on JIRA issues are not possible through the UI or any add-on. You can do it via accessing/updating it directly in the JIRA DB but I am always against doing something directly in the database.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2015

I agree. I think you need to re-open the issue and then resolve/close it again to get the resolution date to the current date. You could use the CLI to do that using the transitionIssue action.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events