CAPTCHA login

Audra Bonacki September 13, 2017

I have a user who recently changed thier SSO password and now they can't login to JIRA and is being prompted that CAPTCHA is required at the next login. Any explainations why this would suddenly happen? Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Audra Bonacki September 15, 2017

Thank you for your recommendations. we'll give these a try.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

The 'captcha required' event in JIRA tends to only appear when the user has failed to login a certain number of times.   When SSO is involved, the user might not have been actually entering the credentials themselves.  But still that number of failed login attempts has been triggered.  In which case, I'd recommend checking out the KB: The Jira application is stuck on captcha validation.

It might be necessary for the user to clear their cache/cookies in their browser in order to make sure that they are getting the correct credentials to be passed to JIRA on login.

If that doesn't help, I'd recommend the Further Troubleshooting steps of Unable to login to JIRA Applications.  This would add some additional logging to JIRA to see why the user is failing login. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events