Burn down chart with Done and Done-Done

Lei Yao-Griep January 24, 2019

I would like to build up the board in the way that 'Done' (For done of user stories within Team) and 'Done-Done' (After final acceptance by the users) to be used. What I found is unfortunately ony the right column in configuration can have status of Done. (Green bar.)

Accordingly Burn Down chart takes the status change for Done-Done. 

Those who encountered this issue as well:

how did you solve this on your project? (I would like to keep having these two columns.)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lei Yao-Griep January 24, 2019

Hi @Scott

thank you for your quick reply. In deed this was also what I thought about in the first place, which we do not prefer, thereof I raised the question  into the forum.

I personally found it not that convinient about moving issues between different status within one column within Jira board. (Of course, people can always enter into the issue and change the status which is less convinient.

While if there are indeed no other solutions with Jira tool to solve this issue, there would be probably the solution that we have to use. 

Still: do you know/who might know whether it could be made possible to have multipel 'Done' columns in Jira?

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2019

Hi @Lei Yao-Griep,

I agree, moving between statuses in a single column isn't the best solution. Unfortunately, multiple "Done" columns isn't possible in native Jira, but there might be something in the Marketplace that may help, you'd have to search. 

-Scott

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2019

Hi @Lei Yao-Griep,

I think the best way to address this would be to change the order of your statuses and not use "Done-Done." 

The far right column "Done" indicates that there is no more work needed, everything is approved, and the issue is closed. So, use that for your final acceptance by the users and add a "UAT" (User Acceptance Testing) status to indicate that the issue is code complete, unit tested, and ready to be verified by the users. Once UAT is complete, move the issue to Done.

Hope this helps, 

-Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events