Bulk move issues - customer requests icons

Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2016

Hi,

I have two service desk projects and some requests on each one of them. If I bulk move some issues from one project to another, in the Requests page, the moved tickets have now the wrong icons. As far as I can see, the icon is a default one, used if the right one is not found (a robot). If I open one of this requests, the right icon appears.

If I move the issues back to the first project, everything goes back to normal.

So, my answer is: is there anything I can do about it? (modifying directly in the database is an accepted solution).

Thank you,
Alexandra

3 answers

1 vote
Yuting Qin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2016

Not sure if you are talking about request type icon or issue type icon, however, you may can try to upload the icons in the new project?

Upload Request Type icon can be done in project settings->request types

Upload Issue Type icon can be done in JIRA Administration->Issues->Issue Types  and then edit the issue type

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2016

I don't know the fix, but DO NOT mess with the database. That has messed up lots of people, some to the point they have to restore from a backup and lose data

0 votes
Alexandra Topoloaga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2016

Hi Yuting, Joe, 

Thank you both for answering. I'm actually talking about the request type icon. I do not want to upload any other icons, I want the right one to be displayed. However, we managed to diagnose the problem - it seems like when we bulk move some issues from a project to another, the "Request type" field is set to "No match".

Suggest an answer