Bulk email update

JIRA Team Mailbox January 21, 2016

In our JIRA Instance we have set of users, need to update the email address. Is there any way to update them at once ? Bulk change ?

2 answers

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2016

That's why we use an LDAP user directory. We change the email from the active directory where the actual email adresses are assigned to users, so the changes take place automatically.

But if I had to do change emails on internal directory users, I would use the JIRA CLI plugin.

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/Reference#Reference-updateUser

You can run a script in the language you like and feed it your list of usernames and emails. 

Of course, scriptrunner is also good, and has other very useful applications.

kanchana wijerathna February 1, 2016

Can we use SQL query for this ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

Bulk change is for issue data, not users.  I'm afraid there's no automated way to do this.

Script-runner could probably do it of course, but you'd still need to feed it a list of updated email addresses.

kanchana wijerathna February 1, 2016

Can we use SQL query for this ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2016

Yes, as long as

• Your users are internal only, not LDAP
  • You backup JIRA before doing it
  • You shut down JIRA completely before doing it

Suggest an answer