Bulk edit screen is not retaining the value

Siju Ambady June 19, 2016

Dear Team ,

I have a set of test cases need to assign to a single component . I followed the below steps but the bulkedit page looks different

1) Filter the tests (project = 10804 and issuetype = 10200 and component = "MyComponent")  by specific component 

2) select the bulk update option 

3) Select the edit issue 

Here is what I see

1) Issue type always set as "Epic " ( no clue why its always EPIC)

2) I see lots of fields in bulk edit screen though I do not see them in my test case creation screen 

Question 

what should I do to get only the test related fields when editing issue type "test"

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2016

You don't.  It's offering you possible options for everything that you are able  to bulk edit, because it has no way of knowing what you might want to do.  Look to the left of the fields for a check box that tells it that the field will be changed - if they're unchecked, it might be showing an initial selection (e.g. issue type = Epic), but it won't make that change unless you tick it.

It is probably showing you lots of fields because your filter just says "project X".  It has no way of knowing that you might be editing only test cases (because you haven't told it that), so it has to offer all the fields that might be editable in that project.  Try adding "and issue type = test" to the filter and see what happens.

Suggest an answer