Bulk Operations Tool - Edit Screen 3 of 4 Change pre-selections

What determines whether a field is preselected (tickbox) for change on Screen 3 of 4 in the Bulk edit operation ?

We have a few 'Database Customfields' a long way down on the screen which are mysteriously pre-selected (with blank vallues). This means that super users are often caught by this and inadvertently blank out existing values.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It's hard to say, as the database custom fields are not Atlassian fields, and hence have their own behaviours.  I suspect it's the field trying to read the database for many issues.

Frustrating, but I think you right. Looks as though the 3rd party 'database customfield' doesn't sit well in the Bulk operations page.  It's running in a many issue context and maybe it is only designed for 'CREATE' or single 'UPDATE'. 

That's my feeling too, as the field is dragging stuff from a remote database, maybe it's making lots of calls and getting confused when you go to bulk-edit.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked yesterday in Data Center

Hi! I'm Cameron Deatsch, enterprise enthusiast and Head of Server at Atlassian. AMA!

Hey team! I'm Cameron Deatsch, Head of Server at Atlassian. At our European Summit just a few weeks ago, I spoke about the latest regarding our Server and Data center products and o...

12,987 views 2 4
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you