Bug? Post function grouped conditions appear to work only after adding a second condition

Rynder Roy Klomp July 18, 2018

I am not sure if you I have found a bug or not.

When I add a post function condition, I find I cannot add a grouped condition until I have added a second condition.

After the second condition is added the grouped condition icon becomes active. Unfortunately, when I then click the Grouped Condition icon, it takes me back to the Add Condition view. I must then add a condition and when back in the condition tab I need to delete the original condition.

Am I doing something wrong? Using Jira Core Server 7.6 and also Jira Core Server 7.8

2 answers

0 votes
Rynder Roy Klomp July 18, 2018

Hello Peter,

As you can see, I have one condition and the grouped condition and edit icons are unavailable.

If I add a second condition, that is when the grouped condition and edit icons become available.

However, when I then click the now available grouped condition icon, I am taken back to the Add condition to transition view, where I must add another condition (now up to three conditions). 

Back in the transition view my first and third added conditions are now grouped and my second is by itself (which I must then delete as it is superfluous).

Condition.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2018

The icons are greyed out because they relate to grouping conditions.  When you've only got one, there's no groupings to be changed.

Rynder Roy Klomp July 22, 2018

Hi Nic,

Yes, but even when I have more than one condition, if I hit the group icon it takes me to the Add Condition page. I cannot seem to group the conditions on the transition page.

For example, let's say I want to group Assignee and Reporter. I add Assignee condition. Group icon is greyed out. I then add Reporter condition. Group icon is now available. I hit the group icon and am taken to Add Condition view. I add Reporter again. Now back in the Transition page, Assignee and Reporter are grouped, but I also have an extra Reporter that I must now delete. Am I missing something?

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2018

Hi, a screenshot should be nice. Overall you should be able to add as many conditions as you like, without the Grouped Condition icon.

Also, please make sure not to use "post function condition" term as these are 2 different things in a transition: condition OR post-function. Totally different 

Rynder Roy Klomp July 21, 2018

Hello Peter,

As you can see, I have one condition and the grouped condition and edit icons are unavailable.

If I add a second condition, that is when the grouped condition and edit icons become available.

However, when I then click the now available grouped condition icon, I am taken back to the Add condition to transition view, where I must add another condition (now up to three conditions). 

Back in the transition view my first and third added conditions are now grouped and my second is by itself (which I must then delete as it is superfluous).

Condition.jpg

Suggest an answer