Boards disappeared from project

Krithica Gowri Shankar September 26, 2017

Hi,

I have 5 boards in my project. In which one of my boards  disappeared.

Filter is not deleted. Project name is not changed. No change made.

The board appears in the project drop down rarely. Almost all times it is not visible. Strange, but no error messages in the logs.

Please find attachment where i could not find that one board from the drop down.

board_prodpath.png

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Krithica

3 answers

0 votes
Milos Cabel January 17, 2024

I do have similar issue (Jira server 9.11.0) - modification of filter query may cause disappearing the board from the project board selection.

In my case its adding a reference to another filter:

filter=123 AND ....

causes the board disappearing from project selection list.  Both filters do have the same sharing. When I use only the filter with ID 123 or if I use the second filter without referencing the filter 123 then the board is visible.

Board edit screen lists all involved projects correctly in all cases, but when board disappears, then it disappears from all projects.

By the way: ORDER BY in my filter does not cause any issue. It works the same with or without it.

0 votes
Liam Hickling October 18, 2019

I've had a similar issue where I was scratching my head as to why a board had 'dissociated' from the project. I had a filter query that went along the lines of:

project = PROJNAME AND NOT (project = PROJNAME AND (issuekey = PROJNAME-332 OR issuekey = PROJNAME-333)) ORDER BY Rank ASC

...which was bad writing on my part as I was stipulating exceptions that I didn't want to appear on the board and repeating which project they were in. The text in bold is redundant, and seemed to be causing Jira to disregard the project 'membership' that would have been created by the first statement of project = PROJNAME.

My problem may be unique (to my bad JQL), and obviously wasn't the cause of the original questioner's dissociation...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2017

Boards do not belong to projects, that drop-down just works out if there are any issues from the project on a board at the time you use it.

For the missing board, what is the filter?

Krithica Gowri Shankar September 27, 2017

Filter is for all the epics in the project.  It cannot be null anytime.

The board is visible at times and other times it is not visible.

All the time the filter query will have results. 

Not getting this issue with the other boards used in project. Only difference in the query will be issue type.

Thanks,

Krithca

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2017

It's not a matter of it being null, we need to know what it *might* select.

Could you give us the JQL of the missing board please?  Feel free to obscure project names if you've got "project in (aaa, bbb, ccc)", I doubt that is the problem.

Krithica Gowri Shankar September 27, 2017

Attached the query used.

quesry_prodpath_board.PNG

Petar Topchev December 10, 2018

Hello, we have that same problem. Sometimes the project name in the filter will get changed to a number (I'm guessing the ID number in the table from that board) and then the board will not be visible in the project board drop down menu anymore. When we delete the project from the filter, then save it and add the project again, it seems to tempory fix this issue until the project name gets changed to a number again. Has any permanent solution for this problem been found yet? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events